Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Wednesday 9 March 2011

A temporary glitch I hope

Monday saw me in good spirits so I upped my stair climbing from 25 to 30 to celebrate and went out for a brisk five mile run after work. What a great start to the week. I went to bed with plans of getting up early to fit in my 10 miler before work and to do stairs at lunch time giving me an evening off to relax and catch up with emails.

At about 3 a.m. I woke up in terrible pain, the whole of the upper part of my torso hurt and I couldn't turn over, sit up or use my arms without the pain increasing unbearably. It was a muscular pain, not internal so I wasn't afraid, but I was distressed by it and had a bit of a dizzy attack when I eventually made it to the bathroom in search of pain killers and the ibuleve.

I spent Tuesday in bed sleeping flat on my back for most of the day trying not to move, and also slept through Tuesday night. This morning the pain had eased a little, and the situation has improved throughout the day. I've also stayed awake today which I guess is a good sign!

The pain has lessened sufficiently I think to allow me assume I'll be ok by Friday so I'll be able to keep my plans for a trip to the lakes at the weekend.

I've wracked my brain to think of a cause but can't come up with one. I have made an appointment to get myself checked out but I don't anticipate anything being found; sore muscles never killed anyone and always get better as far as I'm aware, even if the cause is a complete mystery.

Sitting typing this has made the aches increase. Time for another rest me thinks.

It's been a long couple of days so I thought a long old favourite would be fitting for this post!

1 comment: