Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Friday 22 June 2012

I'm back!

Four races in a week; I'm back at last! A quick update..... Since my last post I've had a hysterectomy as treatment for persistant CIN3 pre cancerous cervical cells. I've recovered now but there were a few minor complications along the way. In December I moved to West Yorkshire joining Andrew at last and transferred to the Leeds branch of the company I work for. Now to the important stuff....running! I've joined Keighley and Craven running club and have started training again. Andrew and I recently spent two weeks in the Lake District which has given me a kick start to training and getting back out there in the hills. I'm hooked again! We even fulfilled a life dream...skinny dipping in a pool in a river, whoot whoot! I've lost half a stone this month and the weight is still coming off (I'd gained a fair amount in the last year). This week I've done 4 fell races. Cononley Fell Race, Sutton Pinacles, St Ives trail race and the Beamsley Beacon fell race. The going is tough and I'm finding it a struggle but I'm getting stronger and faster and I've made some new friends. I haven't felt so positive in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment