Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Back to work and headtorch run

Over the Christmas break my body clock has gradually adjusted to accommodate late nights and a bit of a lie in.  Those of you who know me well will be aware of my reputation as being a smidge sluggish in the morning and maybe a wee bit grumpy too.  This morning was no exception; the alarm went off announcing the return to work routine and I woke up feeling sad, and...yes ok I admit it...grumpy!


The feeling stayed with me all day until this evening, about a mile into our social head torch pub run.  We'd taken a route to include a rock known as 'The Dragon Stone'. The rock has a smile and an eye and looks rather friendly for a dragon.  Visiting it did a great job of cheering me up!  It's amazing what a good run with friends on a dark drizzly evening can do to lift the spirits (and ease out the aches from post ultra legs!).

3 comments:

  1. Nice post.

    Hope it's slightly easier getting up tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog Stef :-) Keep it up! (and the running of course - you are inspiring me after a bit of a flat few weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Head Torch Pub Run" thats just pure genius! I'm so going to have to organise one of those :)

    ReplyDelete