Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hello 2013 and Hardmoors 30

Today Andrew and I started 2013 with the Hardmoors 30; a 31 mile ultra marathon on the North Yorkshire coast.  For once it didn't rain and the sun was shining so it made for a lovely day out.  The run was tough because it was windy and the coast path was extremely muddy, and also because I haven't done much distance training lately.  Needless to say, we both ache a bit now!

I've decided to try a month with no alcohol.  This is primarily because I recently caught up with a friend I haven't seen for many months.  He looked really well; slimmer, younger and more full of life than I've seen him before.  He said he's given up booze and feels better for it.  I don't think I drink too much but I'd like to know whether I would also feel better if I went without, so I'm going to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment