Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Misty headtorcher pub run

This evenings club headtorch run took us on an interesting route.  I have no idea where we went!  The hills were shrouded in mist, we could see very little around us, and we had to search for paths, stiles and gates.  This, if I was running alone, would have been disorientating, spooky and probably frightening; with a group of fell runners chatting happily and sploshing over sodden ground I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'd bandaged my ankle as it's been sore during the day and there is some swelling.  It was stiff to start with but loosened up during the run.  It's stiff again now though and the frozen peas are back on duty!

I had blackcurrant and soda in the pub for a change.  The food was tasty; a hot chilli con carne and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment