Off Course Phalarope

Off Course Phalarope

Thursday 3 January 2013

Up before the sheep

This morning it was a bigger struggle than ever to get up and out for an early morning run.  My legs felt as stiff as tree trunks for the first half mile or so and I was sorely tempted to vault a wall and hunker down with some very huggy looking sleeping sheep.  I don't think the sheep (or Andrew for that matter) would've been very impressed!  By the time we were onto the home straight my legs had loosened up and I was beginning to feel something close to normal.  I still wasn't properly awake, and took too long getting showered and ready for work; Andrew ran me to the station so I wouldn't miss my train.

Anyway, the purpose of the early morning run was to allow us to catch up with friends at the Goose Eye night run without having to run; two nights of hilly headtorching seemed a bit much on tired legs.  It was great to see everyone and I even felt a bit envious that I'd missed the run!  Lime and soda is boring but relatively low in calories and I'm sticking to my 'no alcohol in January' challenge...so far so good.

My thoughts are turning to the spring....when does the camping season start?

2 comments:

  1. If last year was anything to go by we'll be camping by march - just a wash out after that!! Mind you I do remember a few el scorchio races in 2012 ennerdale for one and that was JUNE when it's supposed to be summer!!

    Thanks for guilting me into my daily runs! Well done you :-). X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo camping. Can't wait! Love it :-) x

    ReplyDelete